I promised some big news earlier, and here it is! Gobcobatron, one of the most recognized homes at Dancing Rabbit Ecovillage in Missouri, is for sale. It is a cob house that’s been featured in Yes! magazine, Popular Mechanics, Parade Magazine, Treehugger, Lloyd Kahn’s Tiny Homes, overseas magazines, and other media.
The house is a great 3 season dwelling, and is currently being utilized for earning rental income. This house has a lot of potential for the right individual looking for a seasonal space, or for earning income while living in a popular intentional community.
Cob House For Sale: Features
- 100% cob construction
- 200 open square feet of living space, plus small mud room/air-lock
- reciprocal living roof with skylight
- terracota tile floor, earthen and lime plaster interior, built-in cob shelving, chimney hook-up available for wood stove
- wired for telephone
- partially furnished – includes handmade queen walnut/oak bed frame (pictured)
- leasehold improvements include 2 outbuildings – cob shed, appropriate for teeny cabin conversion or outhouse, and small wooden shed, good for storage, etc.
- surrounding garden improvements include 3 fruit trees (2 apples [1 mature], 1 pear), 5 concord grape vines, 3 year old asparagus bed, other additional perennial food plants, raised beds (some fenced)
- here is a map of the location of the house
We are sad to let our first home go, but are excited about the possibilities for the future owner. Contact me to learn more about the sale of this house, and what steps could be taken to explore a potential purchase! We are happy to chat details.
Feel free to use any of the images above, or the image below to share this house sale with your friends:
If you enjoyed this post, get free updates by email or RSS.