If you’ve ever wondered what it’s like to live in a natural house, or if you want a little taste of what it might be like to stay in a Hobbit house, our cob house, “Gobcobatron” will be available for rent during the 2013 spring, summer, and fall seasons.
This house has been featured in magazines and publications nation-wide, including the cover of Yes! magazine, in Popular Mechanics, Parade, and more. Built by Ziggy in 2008-09, the house is recognizable for its organic, round shape and spiraling reciprocal roof with skylight, a visual treat for occupants.
With its living roof and surrounding gardens, the house blends right into the beautiful Missouri prairie landscape.
– Contact Ziggy for reserving the house for your visit! –
- Comfortable queen size memory foam mattress
- Hassle-free and private — visitors have private access to their own quiet space
- Light provided by homemade beeswax candles — get the real off-the-grid experience!
- Centrally located within the village of Dancing Rabbit — community building with additional facilities is within view
- Includes access to private outhouse
- Supplemental sleeping cots available for extra guests
- 200 “round” feet interior space
- You can tell your friends you stayed in a handmade house, made with 100% cob!
What is a Cob House?
Cob is a mixure of clay, sand, and straw, mixed by foot, and applied by hand to form beautiful, sculptural earthen walls. It is beautiful, free form, natural, low-impact, and sustainable. The experience of living in a cob house is unlike any other!
What is Dancing Rabbit Ecovillage?
Dancing Rabbit is an ecovillage and intentional community of over 60 people set amid the hills and rolling prairies of rural northeastern Missouri. The goal of the community is to live ecologically sustainable and socially rewarding lives, and to share the skills and ideas behind that lifestyle. Renewable energy, natural building, organic food production, permaculture, consensus decision-making, carsharing… these are just a few of the things we do to model sustainable living.
Our village is composed of individuals, families, and sub-communities. Outreach and education are integral to our mission — we enjoy sharing discoveries and ideas of sustainable living with people who have a wide variety of lifestyles.
Contact Ziggy for reservation details!
Check out Dancing Rabbit’s Visitor Program to stay for an extended period, and learn about life in a sustainable community!